Thursday, September 25, 2008

McCain Puts Campaign on Hold

In one of the biggest political moves I have seen in a while, John McCain decided to suspend his campaign while he heads to Washington D.C. to deal with the economic crisis. I am not quite sure what he thinks he will be able to help with considering he has been campaigning this whole time so he can't possibly have a plan to get us out of this current funk. Yet, he is still putting his campaign on hold so he can help.

I'm sorry but I don't believe any of that for one second. There is no way McCain is doing this because he is some good person and is doing it in good conscience. After McCain's selection of Sarah Palin, his popularity went up dramatically and he started taking the lead in polls. Well, that little phase has since worn down, meaning that it is Obama's time to shine with the economy in shambles. It is well-known that a Democrat is better at helping the economy, while a Republican is better at dealing with foreign policy issues. Therefore, it makes complete sense that with Obama starting to take the lead in many polls that McCain would do something as drastic as this.

McCain and Obama were both in Washington D.C. today to meet with President Bush. Hmmm, I wonder what McCain and Obama could have possibly said that actually helped Congress and the President reach a deal. Maybe, McCain said "Guys, how about we just ask Sarah? She is pretty good at this kind of stuff. She helped save me from having to go a retirement home. Maybe she can help save the economy. I mean come on, she can see Russia from her backyard!" I am guessing Obama responded by saying, "John, just stop talking. You really aren't helping. Oh, by the way, are you still on for our debate tomorrow or are you going to bail out of that just like you bailed out of your campaign?"

Speaking of which, I am guessing John McCain and Barack Obama both show up in Mississippi tomorrow to debate about foreign policy, considering it would be foolish of McCain to not show up, especially since a bailout agreement has been reached. I am also going to predict that there is no clear winner tomorrow and that the next debate will be the one that wins over the undecided voters. I will be back this weekend to give my impressions on the debate.

Until next time, goodnight from the press box.

No comments: